Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Obsessions


Okay, so those who know me well know that when I discover something new and awesome I have a *slight* tendency to get obsessive about it. Like Pinterest. Or Harry Potter. Or looking at Harry Potter pins ON pinterest....
Yes, I know. I have issues.
Anyway.
My most recent obsession is Game of Thrones. You guys. This show is SO GOOD. There are bad guys and good guys and swords and chicks that are bad a** and cute boys and direwolves and zombies and dragons and my little fangirl heart can hardly take it!!
Ahem. So basically every Sunday The Husband and I are glued to the TV with a giant bowl of popcorn. It's one of my favorite times of the week :) Of course, he yells at me if I dare open up Pinterest while watching so I have to wait til it's over to fuel that addiction. But it's all good :)
So since i seem to be in List Mood today here are some of my top Obsessions. Don't judge too much, and feel free to add yours in the comments if you dare!
Without further ado, here are

Heather's Top Ten Obsessions:


1. World of Warcraft. 
I haven't played as much recently due to being addicted, er, interested in other things. But when I get into the WoW groove I stay up way too late and spend my Friday evenings playing the game after Burrito goes to sleep.


Sadly, I have yet  to become a NightElf Mohawk



2. Harry Potter. 
Yup, still obsessed. If it's Harry Potter marathon weekend on ABC Family, I will watch it. Even though I own all the DVDs. Even though I own all the Blu-Rays. Even though I own all the books. Even though I'm currently in the middle of buying all the e-books. (Please remember not to judge too much!!) I freaking love JK Rowling and the world and characters she created. And even if her new book is horrendous, I will still love it. Because it's JKR. And JKR DOES NO WRONG.

Nothing will ever live up to them. But that's what rereading is for!



3. Game of Thrones 
...but we already talked about that!


Dani has dragons. Dragons are awesome.



4. Nora Roberts
Ah, Queen Nora. You are a close second to JKR. My bookshelf is pretty much ALL Nora Roberts paperbacks. It's a comfort thing. I read her books before falling asleep every night. No clue why. She just released her 200th book (TWO freaking hundred. Talk about making you feel a little lazy!) Anyway. I've always loved La Nora and try to snatch her new books at work before anyone else can!
Even Stephen King says she's cool. You don't ignore Stephen King.


5. Pinterest. 
It's a great way to pass the time and look at a lot of crafts I'll probably never do and find recipes that look delicious. (I actually HAVE made several of the recipes. Go me!)


Where Pinterventions begin



6. YA books
(No, not mother trucking Twilight. Vampires don't friggin sparkle. I like the books but will never get past that. Vamps may be sexy, but they are EVIL. They stalk and kill, not look constipated and glisten)

You will think about it every time you see him now. 

*Ahem* Moving on... 
YA books are great. My most addicted series are Hunger Games (obvs) and anything by Rick Riordan. Rachel Hawkins, Kiersten White, and Marissa Meyer are all current obsessions



7. Lost. 
Oh man, I loved that show (Not the ending. We pretend that doesn't exist) Before the Ending That We Don't Talk About Brian and I watched this show all the time. We got hooked when I was pregnant. Watching four seasons in two months was a good way to sit on my pregnant bootie and forget how much my feet hurt. And I seriously miss the beginning with the dude going "Previously, on Lost..."

Crazy things happen on a crazy island....


8. Vampire TV shows. 
Specifically, ones where no one freaking sparkles.



Although they seem to glisten too. Hmm. Lestat would not approve


9. Bad 80s music. 
(Remember, no judging!) I blame my mother. But if I'm running or on a car trip?? Def Leppard, baby


 Armaggedon it!



10. Friends 
I couldn't keep my favorite Friends off the list! It's been off the air for years but I can still quote every episode. And like Harry Potter, I will watch over and over and over and over.

So no one told you life was gonna be this way...(you know you clapped)


 Aaand that's my list!! Apparently I am a big, big nerd. But that's okay. All the cool kids are :)






No comments:

Post a Comment